1962 Dansette Bermuda on legs.
Stunning example of a legendary mark!
An absolute design classic. The name Dansette is the 'hoover' of record players and for good reason - In the 50's and 60's Dansette's were by far the most popular record player available.
What you are looking at here is a piece of history, a record player that defined quite a few generations. To those of you who remember them from the 50's & 60's they need no introduction, but to those of you that don't the chances are your parents met at a party where the entertainment was provided by a Dansette record player.
The rexine covering is original, this colour is no longer available and I wanted to keep it's authenticity, all the brass work has been re-plated to really show it off.
To finish it off it sits on 4 stunning legs, fitted with brand new leg plates, and as a final touch the original Dansette guarantee tag is still present!
Being over 50 years old there are obviously minor signs of wear and tear, but in my opinion this only adds to it's appeal - this record player has had a life, it has stood centre stage at many a get together and it's signs of use only add to it's patina.
Not just a record player, but a piece of furniture in it's own right that demands attention. If you like to show things off, there really isn't much that will beat this.
This record player has undergone the following:
• The mechanical deck has been completely stripped down, chemically washed and re-lubricated
• The electronics have been completely serviced with any out of tolerance and faulty components replaced
• All valves have been tested and if needed replaced
• The deck has been correctly adjusted as per the manufacturers guidelines
• A new cartridge and stylus has been fitted
• The cabinet and fittings have been restored to as near to original condition as possible
• A new mains cable and 3 amp plug has been fitted
• A PAT test has been performed
The player is bundled with a 'getting started' pack, which features instructional sheets, hints, tips & more.